Thursday, April 14, 2011

What a Difference a Day Makes

Day 12, April 13, 2011, What a Difference A Day Makes

REST DAY!!!  No route just some sight seeing around Del Rio on Rocket.


Best Moment – Touring on a different kind of cycle – one powered by gasoline was really a good way to spend the day.

Worst Moment – No worst moment.

Neita and I toured Del Rio on Rocket.  There is supposed to be a winery in the town, but we never found it.  We went to Lake Amistad and some of the outlook points.  It sort of reminds me of Lake Mead. At the Visitor’s Center, there was a display about the uses of the water stored.  For example did you know that it takes two gallons of water to produce just one tomato, or that it takes 2600 gallons of water just to make one steak?  We walked to the Mexican Border on the middle of the dam.


 US & Mexican Border on Amistad Dam
Looking into Mexico

Had dinner at a good ole boy kind of place the Texas version of Cripple Creek.  Interesting.


There’s lots of bass fishing going on here.  It seems to be the major industry.

I’ve rethought the best and worst moment from yesterday.  The worst moment was when I discovered that my flag had blown off and I didn’t know how far back it did, so decided not to recover some of the hard won miles. And the best moment was when Neita told me that she had seen my flag by the road and turned around to recover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment