Monday, July 18, 2011

Uninspired


Day 108, July 18, 2011, Uninspired

Route from Climax to Double R Ranch Campground, Belding, MI

83 miles, averaging 13.7 mph

Worst Moment – I nearly missed this turn and it was an important one.  Fortunately, most of the roads in Michigan have been better marked than this.

Magnified several times

Best Moment – There was a 50% chance of severe thunderstorms forecast for both Belding and the Battle Creek area all day today.  (When I was in New England, a 50% chance of rain meant that I was going to get wet.  That doesn’t seem to be the case here.) The weather gurus were anticipating strong winds possible damaging hail and heavy rain.  Other than being very humid and hot, the thunderstorms haven’t hit yet – though they still may, but at least I’m in Ruby.

Today was fairly uneventful.  I don’t know, maybe the excitement of bicycle riding every day is beginning to wear off, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.  Because of the weather forecast, the camera was packed away for most of the day.  I have been going through more farmland with rolling hills.  There are lakes and streams and more hills.  What I see of the little towns has been uninspiring – not that I even see that many little towns here. 



Today was mostly overcast and sort of almost foggy or misty because it is so humid. I really thought that it was getting ready to storm when I arrived at the campground.   Neita was just pulling in so I was able to help her get set up.  This is quite a place for family get togethers.  They have tubing, golf, horse back riding and a swimming pool. 

I am working my way north to Mackinaw City and looking forward to my next rest day.  This 12 days straight of bicycling that’s a lot.  

If you would like to donate to my ride, my link for the Lance Armstrong Foundation is http://grassroots2011.livestrong.org/billsbigride197.  I really appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment