Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Jackson


Day 142 & 143, August 21 & 22, 2011, Jackson

Worst Moment – After an okay dinner at 43 North, we had over an hour to spend before the next bus to the campground.  I was looking for Fitzgerald’s Bike Shop.  I thought I remembered the address as 245 Jackson St.  Well, I walked up and down Jackson St., and never found the bike shop.  Turns out that the address is 245 W Hansen Ave. at the corner of Jackson and Hansen.


Best Moment – This afternoon, before we went into town, I found out that I really could take down Ruby’s awning single-handedly – literally.

All weekend Jackson was having an art festival.  We went to it yesterday.  There was some really good photography and paintings of the Tetons, lots of jewelry, and several other types of crafts.  Perhaps the most unique was the artisan from Carefree, AZ that repurposed the top portion of old cowboy boots into women’s purses.  We got out of the art show with cinnamon almonds.


In walking around the town, there are lots of interesting things to see – like this beautiful cabin.


Or this fence where the fence is made of old skis.


Today we stayed close to Ruby as we were expecting the repair guy.  The shower water doesn’t drain into the grey water holding tank, as it should.  (This isn’t a huge problem since it is only the shower water but it should be fixed.)  Wayne, a curmudgeon, didn’t really listen to what we told him was the problem and went about unsuccessfully looking for blockage before telling us there must be a broken pipe.  Of course it isn’t something he can fix - we need to go to an RV repair facility.  I’m thinking of how nice it will be to have normal house systems.

The hand is about the same – still swollen and bruised.  I thought of something else that takes two hands to do – floss one’s teeth.

If you would like to donate to my ride, my link for the Lance Armstrong Foundation is http://grassroots2011.livestrong.org/billsbigride197.  I really appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment