Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Atlantic Beach


Day 59, May 30, 2011, Atlantic Beach

0 miles, averaging mph

Route from Ruby to Atlantic Beach




Best Moment – I think that I could get used to riding a day and then right away having a rest day. 

Worst Moment – There really weren’t any even minor annoyances other than that the waiter at dinner, while efficient, wasn’t very friendly - he even had my nickname growing up and for the same reason.

This morning I took Rocket to Wal-Mart. Since my shorts were falling down, I got a pair a size smaller.  They fit great.  As I was checking out, the clerk told me, not only was it Bike Week, it was Black Bike Week.  (That explained a lot.)  Two weeks before it had been White Bike Week, and for both bike weeks, some come early and some stay week so it is about three weeks of insanity.  I think that most of the bikers had to go to work tomorrow, because the place really quieted down.

It was a really relaxing day, we went to the beach and just read and people watched most of the day.  I’m reading yet another book about Enron called the Conspiracy of Fools. 




Neita got her lobster for dinner!  We went to Greg Norman’s.  It is on the inter-coastal waterway – a very nice setting.  I had ahi tuna with a bourbon and bacon glaze.  Very tasty.  After dinner we walked around the shops of Barefoot Landing, which is built on and over the water.  I’m certain that any kind of souvenir anyone would want could be found along with several ice cream shops, fudge stores and even one called Candy Miles! 



Back on the bike tomorrow and no rest days until we get to Kitty Hawk.  We’re headed for the Outer Banks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment