Saturday, March 5, 2011

February 2011 (first half)

My completion certificate

What a bike shop should look like - my work bench looks like this, right? (Not even close)


I spent the 2nd week of February in Colorado Springs at Barnett Bicycle Institute attending the Bicycle Assembly and Maintenance course.  Wow, I never knew that there was so much to know about bike building.  Of course the last bicycle that I actually worked on myself was a 1965 three speed Schwinn, and there wasn't a lot that could go wrong with those - not nearly as many gears as either of my current bikes has just on one cog.  The class was great.  I received the completion certificate and even passed.  I know that I still hope that I don't need to use any of the knowledge just yet, because I feel a little overwhelmed, but if I have to, I could probably install a derailluer or true a wheel. ( a few more things than just fixing a flat tire)

Colorado Springs is beautiful but oh my was it cold - below zero most mornings as we walked to class from the TravelLodge about a half block away from the school.  I didn't ride at all even though I brought along my bike - just in case.

Garden of the Gods

Bicycle Art in Manitou Springs

No comments:

Post a Comment